Thursday, February 04, 2010

Jason "Black Dog" Evans arrives...

Pretty good day, actually each day just gets better and better....

Caught a ride to Walmart, picked up some Coleman Propane bottles, not cheap, but necessary for the stove and BBQ. Also got some rib eye steaks from a little butcher shop, premium steaks at about 1/3 of Alberta prices... Got a new battery too. It is pretty hard shopping and not knowing the language, but I got the battery that I was looking for, at least I hope so.

Installed it this afternoon, changed out the ground cables as well, they were pretty corroded and may have been part of the problem. Have not started the engine yet but it turns over well.

I was puttering around on the boat and saw Black Dog coming down the gang plank, several hours earlier than I expected, seems his flight was in at 13:00 rather than 15:00. He had a good flight, very smooth...

Why "Black Dog" you ask? Much better crew name than "Ginger Dog" although his and Marnie's dog, Ginger is a nice dog. It's just that Ginger Dog, doesn't quite have the right ring to it..... Comment if you think I am wrong.

Put him right to work, got the sails on, set up the GPS, etc.


Will do some shopping tomorrow, see if I cannot resolve a few electrical issues, and check out the engine. Will be making a list and checking it for possible departure Sunday morning, maybe earlier if all goes really well.

For those of you who have worked with forestry for a few years... you will remember Dennis York. Dennis retired a little while back and is now spending all his winters in Mexico. Caught up with him for a few hours. He is looking better, healthier, and younger than when he retired. Shows you what the good life can do for you.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Plus, any reference to "ginger" on that boat makes me think of unpleasant things. Black dog it is!

Looks sunny and warm there, dad. I'm jealous!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger el guapo said...

Me gustaría ayudarte con tu español, pero estoy aquí en Medicine Hat, y ahora está menos 20 grados. Well, I would like to help you with your Spanish but I am here in minus 20 in the Hat. It sounds like after a few set-backs you are ready to go sailing. Do enjoy...I hope this works as I had to set this blog thing up all by myself....but I think it will work. I still haven;t set up the Skype account but will try to do so in the near future. If your sailing partner is Black Dog, maybe you should be Long John Silver since both are good old Treasure Island names. Cuidate - Take care.

Sam - su cuñado.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home