Sunday, October 29, 2006

Half Moon Bay

Dad and I made it to Half Moon Bay yesterday-- we wound up leaving around 9:30 and made it here around 6. Sketchy winds slowed us down, along with the fact that I felt the need to throw up every few hours. I don't know how bulemics do it. OH, I'm also the proud new owner of a sunburnt face... except for my sunglasses tan, of course. Very classy. That's pretty much the only place I got any sun, I've been keeping my parka on in the wind...

We looked into getting a berth here at "Pillar Point Marina", but the harbourmaster's office was closed, so we just anchored behind a breaktide and called it a night. Made some pasta (I needed calories!!!) and passed out. Well, I did. I think that Dad stayed up to do some electrical.

Had a problem yesterday with one of the sails; some briefly intense winds just as we were slacking the sheets whipped the spinnaker right out of its clip at the top of the mast... so we put the jib back out, and once we made it to the harbour, i pulled dad up the mast in a harness. tough work, but it all worked out, and the spinnaker is functional again, although slightly damp from being flung into the ocean.

for today, we're either going to try to make it to ano nuevo or santa cruz, depending on how we do wind wise and such. enjoy the pictures below!


dad at the golden gate


bon at the golden gate


half moon bay


dad up the mast

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

nice try erin. 5 minutes apart is a bit too much coincidence for me. i know mom loves me... even with my awesome raccoon tan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home